POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Help On Invincible MegaPov Error??? Anyone? Please? : Help On Invincible MegaPov Error??? Anyone? Please? Server Time
26 Jun 2024 08:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Help On Invincible MegaPov Error??? Anyone? Please?
From: Al Reid
Date: 11 Jun 2000 13:36:49
Message: <3943ce31$1@news.povray.org>
I recently tried to install MegaPov for my Povray and encountered a problem.
I installed the program correctly (i think) in the proper directory
(c:\program files\POV-Ray For Windows v3.1\bin.  I downloaded to that
directory, extracted in that dir, attempt to run from that dir.  However
when I try to execute the program at the title screen w/pic of spheres it
returns an error message  "Editor Error"
Editor DLL initialisation failed [could not resolve 'ExternalLoadFile']

a second message box then appears:

See the 'Built-In Editors' section in the help file

I have no such section included in my help file.  When MegaPov continues, it
goes to the interface except open, new, save and all the editing features
are disabled.  Ive tried re-downloading both pov and megapov with no
success.  Please help me,
I would be greatly indebted....
Christopher Reid